Sunday, March 24, 2013

The greatest truths are perceived on a level beyond logic.

I believe the mind is the origin of peace and happiness. My tranquility can not be disturbed by outward circumstances, but only if I choose it to be so. I believe in the saying "Huna Kupua" meaning "The world is what you think it is." I read in a Zen book "Zen is the discipline in enlightenment." Enlightenment = Emancipation. Emancipation = Freedom. If this is true, then discipline thought is freedom of the mind, and freedom of the mind is enlightenment. I think we fear freedom, we fear discipline.  Fear is not real. Fear is a product of thoughts we create. Danger is real, but fear is a choice. The only difference between fear and excitement is your attitude about it.  Zen goes beyond optimism or pessimism both of which presume to make judgements about the future. In Zen you are already who you are, and you are already everything you need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment